Grilled Oysters with Creamy Spinach
This is really easy and elegant. Have your fishmonger open the oysters, or do it yourself.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 dozen large oysters, freshly opened
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen creamed spinach, defrosted
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Place the oysters on a metal tray. Sprinkle each oyster with lemon juice.
- Fry the bacon until crisp; drain and crumble. Mix the bacon bits with the defrosted spinach in a bowl and add nutmeg. Spoon some spinach on each oyster, add black pepper and Parmesan cheese.
- Set grill to high heat. Dot each oyster with butter. Grill until the oysters sizzle and the topping is golden.