Grilled Peach and Avocado Salad
The tang of lemon juice and sweetness of honey help this über-healthy dish stand out from the usual fruit salad pack.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 5 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 firm-ripe medium to large peaches, halved and pitted
- 1⁄4 red onion
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 tsp. Kroger® Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons Kroger® Pure Clover Honey
- 1⁄8 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons shallots, diced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Coat grill grate with cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Brush cut sides of peaches and onion with 2 teaspoons oil. Grill onion 2 minutes. Add peaches to grill. Grill 2-3 minutes longer until onion and peaches start to soften. Transfer to cutting board. Chop onion and peaches into bite-size pieces.
- In a large bowl, whisk together remaining 3 tablespoons oil, the lemon juice, honey and salt until blended. Stir in grilled onion and peaches, mint and shallots. Halve avocado; remove pit. Slice avocado; gently stir into salad. Serve immediately. Serve on leaf lettuce if desired.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.