Grilled Peach Chutney
Grilled fruit is wonderful with meats, poultry, or fish. Grilled peach chutney is sublime!
Serves: 16Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 medium peaches, halved and pitted
- ½ medium red onion, peeled and minced
- 2 jalapeños, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- ½ tsp. ground cloves
- ½ tsp. ground allspice
- ½ tsp. ground coriander seeds
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ¼ bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- Grill the peaches, cut-side down, over a low flame until they are soft but not falling apart, about 5 minutes.
- Cool them and then slip off the skins. Using a knife, cut the peaches into chunks and place them in a bowl. This method retains the juice and some texture.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients into the bowl with the peaches. Cool, cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve. Warm just before serving.
|Amount per serving|