Grilled Peach Cornbread
Using a cast iron pan allows you to bake on your grill, and that means fresh baked cornbread for backyard barbecues without heating up the house!
Serves: 16Prep: 15 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (16 oz.) Simple Truth Organic™ Gluten Free Cornbread Baking Mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 large peach (firm but ripe), diced
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Heat grill to medium heat (about 350-375°F); prepare for indirect grilling. Generously grease a 10” cast iron skillet; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine corn bread mix, milk, oil and egg until just combined. Fold in peaches. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Place pan on the indirect heat side of the grill. Close the lid and cook for 12 minutes. Carefully rotate the pan 180° and continuing cooking for an additional 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile combine butter, honey and rosemary. Serve cornbread with rosemary honey butter.