Grilled Peaches with Blue Cheese
The traditional fruit and cheese combination is modernized by grilling the peaches. This accents their natural sweetness and adds another dimension from the light charring of their flesh.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 medium peaches, slightly firmer than perfectly ripe, halved and pitted
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled domestic blue cheese
- Preheat grill on high, brush the slats clean, and coat them with a light film of oil.
- Toss the peach halves with the oil and salt and pepper.
- Grill the peaches cut-side down until the flesh begins to char and they start to soften, about 3 minutes. Turn the peaches over and drizzle with balsamic and spoon an equal amount of the blue cheese into the pit cavity of each half. Continue to grill until the cheese starts to melt, about 3 more minutes.
- Let cool to room temperature before serving.