Grilled Pear-Kale Salad with Goat Cheese
These grilled pears are wonderful along with the crisp texture of kale. Kale is known for its tremendous health benefits and delicious taste. One serving of kale has 200 percent of your vitamin C daily requirement, even more vitamin C per serving than an orange! It’s also packed with fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 5 Tbsp. grapeseed oil, divided
- 1⁄2 tsp. coarse salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 large Bartlett or Bosc pears, halved and cored
- 4 cups finely chopped curly kale leaves
- 1⁄4 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. dried cranberries
- 8 oz. goat cheese
- For the dressing, whisk together the lemon juice, 4 tablespoons oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Prepare a grill to medium-high heat (you should be able to hold you hand an inch over the cooking grate for 2 to 3 seconds). Make sure the cooking grate is well oiled.
- Brush cut sides of pears with remaining grapeseed oil. Put pears, cut-side down, on the grill. Cover and cook until pear halves are grill-marked and heated through, about 10 minutes. Let them cool and slice into strips.
- In a large bowl, add the kale, onion, and cranberries. Stir to combine. Top with pears, cheese, and dressing.