Grilled Pear-Spinach Salad with Feta Cheese
These grilled pears are wonderful along with the crisp texture of kale. Kale has become popular for its health benefits and delicious taste.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 5 Tbsp. grapeseed oil, divided
- ½ tsp. coriander seeds
- ½ tsp. coarse salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 pears, halved and cored (Bartlett or Bosc work the best here)
- 4 cups baby spinach
- ¼ small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- For the dressing, whisk together the lemon juice, 4 tablespoons oil, coriander seeds, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Prepare a grill to medium-hot heat (you should be able to hold you hand an inch over the cooking grate for 2–3 seconds). Make sure the cooking grate is well oiled.
- Brush cut sides of pears with remaining grapeseed oil. Put pears, cut-side down, on the grill. Cover and cook until pear halves are grill-marked and heated through, about 10 minutes. Let them cool and slice into strips.
- In a large bowl, add the kale, onion, and walnuts. Stir to combine. Top with pears, feta cheese, and dressing.