Grilled Pepper and Three-Cheese Panini
Paninis are grilled sandwiches usually stuffed with vegetables, cheese, or grilled meat. They are grilled in a skillet with a heavy weight on top to squish them down. You can also make these in a panini press.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. pesto
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cored and seeded
- 2 tsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 Italian rolls
- 2 thin slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp. crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Preheat grill on medium.
- Grill bell pepper, turning until charred on all sides. Place pepper, while still hot, in a plastic bag. Let cool, then peel off skin. Slice into strips. Sprinkle peppers with Parmesan cheese and set aside.
- Spread both sides of each bread slice with pesto. Load 2 slices with peppers, mozzarella cheese, and blue cheese, and top with remaining bread slices.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add sandwiches and top with a heavy pan or foil-wrapped brick. Toast the sandwiches until well browned, about 4 minutes per side.
- Cut sandwiches in half and serve hot.