Grilled Pita Bread with Mascarpone & Berries
This simple dish is as versatile as it is delicious. Warmed berries and pita pair perfectly with heated, creamy mascarpone cheese for a treat that can be served as an appetizer, snack or dessert!
Serves: 2Prep: 5 minutesCook: 5 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 loaves white pita flatbread
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mixed berries, such as blueberries, raspberries, blackberries or strawberries
- Honey, for drizzling
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Grill pita bread 2-3 minutes on each side, until warmed.
- On top of each pita, spread 1 tablespoon mascarpone cheese; top with fresh berries. Grill 1-2 minutes, until warmed. If desired, drizzle with honey before serving.