Grilled Portobello Mushrooms
Flavorful portobello mushroom caps are a great choice for grilling—cooking enhances their meaty flavor, and their high water content and thick texture means they won’t dry out during cooking or fall apart on the grill.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. Portobello mushrooms
- ½ stick unsalted butter
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 shallot, peeled and chopped
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. dried parsley
- ½ tsp. dried basil leaves
- Preheat the grill.
- Wash the mushrooms and remove the stems.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the butter with the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, shallot, salt, parsley, and basil.
- Place the mushroom caps on the grill with the gills facing upward. Brush the mushrooms with some of the melted butter mixture. Grill the mushrooms for up to 10 minutes or until they are tender, turning halfway and brushing frequently with the melted butter mixture.