Grilled Portobello Mushrooms with Balsamic Glaze
Save to My Recipes
This vegan salad is filling and hearty any time of the year. If you haven’t tried to grill portobellos, now is the time; you get the meaty flavor of meat without actually using any.
Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutes
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 3 large portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. turbinado sugar
- 1 tsp. wheat-free soy sauce
- Place the arugula on a large platter. Prepare a grill to medium-high heat.
- Clean mushrooms and remove stems and any debris. Grill for 10 minutes, turning once. Place mushroom caps on top of the arugula.
- In a small saucepan, heat the vinegar, sugar, and soy sauce to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 15–20 minutes or until the mixture thickens. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Once balsamic glaze has cooled a bit, pour evenly over portobellos and arugula. Serve immediately or at room temperature.