Grilled Portobello Mushrooms with Balsamic Glaze
This vegan salad is filling and hearty any time of the year. If you haven’t tried to grill portobellos, now is the time; you get the meaty flavor of meat without actually using any.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 3 large portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. turbinado sugar
- 1 tsp. wheat-free soy sauce
- Place the arugula on a large platter. Prepare a grill to medium-high heat.
- Clean mushrooms and remove stems and any debris. Grill for 10 minutes, turning once. Place mushroom caps on top of the arugula.
- In a small saucepan, heat the vinegar, sugar, and soy sauce to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 15–20 minutes or until the mixture thickens. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Once balsamic glaze has cooled a bit, pour evenly over portobellos and arugula. Serve immediately or at room temperature.