For a richer, sweeter taste, blanch the radicchio in lightly salted water for 1 minute, then drain well and grill.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 heads radicchio
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 oz. freshly shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges for serving
- Preheat a gas grill or a griddle pan to low. Make sure the grill grate is clean and lightly oiled to prevent sticking.
- Remove any damaged outer leaves from the radicchio. Trim the stem and quarter the radicchio lengthwise, leaving the core intact. Lightly brush with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on the grill; grill for 8 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
- Drizzle a touch more olive oil over and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve warm or at room temperature with lemon wedges on the side.