If you can’t find rockfish, substitute other moderately firm, moderately flavored saltwater fish such as barracuda, bonito, sablefish, or sea bream in this dish.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tsp. dried lemon peel
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 rockfish fillets (8 oz. each)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Prepare grill.
- Rinse the rockfish under cold, running water and pat dry.
- In a bowl, combine the lemon peel, crushed red pepper, ground black pepper, and salt. Sprinkle over fish.
- Grease the grate of the grill with vegetable oil. Grill fish for about 4 minutes per side, or until the fish begins to flake when tested with a fork in the thickest part.
- Serve with sliced lemon.