Grilled Salmon CousCous
This dish works well for dinner served with hot, fresh grilled salmon or as cold leftovers for a lunchtime salad.
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesCook: 5 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄4 cup water
- 5 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 cup couscous
- 2 tsp. salt, divided
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 Simple Truth™ Orange, cut into segments
- 1 cup red grapes, cut in quarters
- 2 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Baby Spinach
- 16 oz. salmon filets
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- In a medium saucepan, bring water and 1 tablespoon olive oil to a boil. Add couscous and ½ teaspoon salt. Cover, remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon orange zest, vinegar, mustard, garlic and ½ teaspoon salt; set aside.
- Fluff cous cous with a fork and toss with orange segments, grapes, spinach and dressing. The salad can be served slightly warm, room temperature or cool.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Season salmon with 1 tablespoon olive oil, remaining 1 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Grill salmon, skin side up, 3-5 minutes or until fish easily releases from the grill, flip and continue cooking 2-4 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145° F and flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve salmon with couscous.
- Refrigerate leftovers.