Grilled Salmon with Brazilian Passion Fruit Glaze (Salmão Grelhado)
Salmon fillets are very quick and easy to grill. Serve with a green salad and grilled vegetables
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup passion fruit pulp
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 4 salmon fillets (6 oz. each)
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- In a small saucepan, heat the passion fruit pulp and sugar over low heat until sugar is dissolved, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in the lime juice, soy sauce, and 1 teaspoon pepper. Strain sauce and divide between 2 bowls.
- Heat the grill. Clean the grilling surface and brush with oil. Brush the salmon with melted butter and sprinkle with salt and remaining ½ teaspoon pepper.
- When grill is hot, place the salmon fillets on the grill. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side, using 1 bowl of the passion fruit sauce to baste frequently.
- Place rice on a serving platter and top with salmon. Drizzle salmon with remaining passion fruit sauce.