Grilled Sea Bass
The secret to successfully grilling sea bass is to not overcook it, so make sure to check the fish on the grill for flakiness and remove it quickly when it is done.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 4 whole sea bass (1½ lbs. each), gutted and scaled
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 medium lemons
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 cup minced parsley
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- Wash fish well inside and out. Using sharp knife, cut several diagonal slits on both sides of each fish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, including inside cavity, and set aside.
- Squeeze juice from 2 lemons and mix with olive oil and oregano.
- Slice remaining 2 lemons into thin slices and stuff each fish with ¼ cup parsley, a rosemary sprig, and several lemon slices.
- Brush both sides of each fish liberally with olive oil and lemon mixture and set aside 10 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium heat; brush grilling rack with oil. Place fish on hot rack and close grill cover.
- Cook 15 minutes, until fish flakes easily. Brush with remaining olive oil and lemon mixture and serve hot.