Grilled Shrimp Salad
This is an excellent first course, or with more shrimp, it makes a terrific lightsupper.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 16 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 wooden skewers, presoaked in water for 1 hour
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- ½ tsp. granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 drops red pepper sauce
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 4 cups mixed spring greens
- Skewer shrimp. Stir together the olive oil, curry powder, granulated sugar, lemon juice, red pepper sauce, and salt in a bowl. Place the shrimp in a glass pan and cover with the dressing. Turn to coat.
- Place the greens on serving plates. Grill the shrimp for about 60 seconds per side, or until they are pink. Place the shrimp over the greens.