Grilled Shrimp and Scallops with Red Pepper Sauce
Serves: 6Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 jar (7 oz.) roasted red peppers, drained and rinsed
- 4 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- ½ tsp. white wine vinegar
- ¾ tsp. salt, divided
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper, divided
- ½ lb. medium shrimp, peeled
- ½ lb. sea scallops
- In a food processor or blender, purée red peppers, 3 tablespoons oil, garlic, sugar, vinegar, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- Thread the shrimp and scallops on separate skewers and coat with 2 teaspoons oil. Sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- Grill the skewers, turning once, until just done (about 3 minutes per side for the shrimp and 4 minutes per side for the scallops).
- Remove shrimp and scallops from skewers and combine onto individual toothpicks. Serve with the pepper sauce.