Grilled Shrimp with Mango Salsa
Serves: 6Hands-on: 35 minutesTotal: 13 hours 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- Juice of 3 limes, plus wedges for serving
- 1 tsp. salt, divided
- 1⁄2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lbs. large shrimp
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 fresh jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Sauté the garlic in the olive oil until soft (3 to 5 minutes). Remove from heat. Pour into a shallow glass dish and set aside to cool. Stir in the juice of 2 limes, 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, and pepper.
- Thread shrimp onto bamboo skewers and place in olive oil mixture. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for up to 12 hours. Turn the skewers occasionally to coat evenly.
- Peel mangoes, remove pits, and dice into 1⁄4-inch cubes. Place in a mixing bowl. Stir in the green onions, jalapeños, cilantro, juice of 1 lime, and 1⁄2 teaspoon salt. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Grill shrimp kebabs about 3 inches from the heat source for about 3 minutes per side. They will be pink and opaque when fully cooked. Serve with mango salsa and lime wedges.