Grilled and Slow-Cooked Braised Fennel
The combination of grilling and braising fennel creates an amazingly sweet and savory side dish.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 4 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 large bulbs fennel
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tsp. black sesame seeds
- Remove the tops from the fennel and reserve for another use. Cut the bulbs into 1½"-thick slices vertically.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Mix the oil, salt, and pepper together in a shallow bowl. Dip the fennel in the seasoned oil. Grill for 2 minutes, then flip.
- Place fennel in a 3- to 4- quart slow cooker. Pour stock over the fennel. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. Garnish with sesame seeds before serving.