Grilled Southwest Turkey Burgers
Loading the lean ground turkey with flavorful ingredients makes these burgers something special.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. lean ground turkey
- 1 Tbsp. dried sage
- 1 Tbsp. dried thyme
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small shallot, peeled and finely minced
- 1 tsp. minced chipotle in adobo
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 thick slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 sandwich buns
- 4 leaves lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup prepared guacamole
- Prepare a grill to medium heat.
- In a large bowl, mix the turkey with the sage, thyme, Worcestershire sauce, shallots, chipotle, salt, and pepper. Make sure to evenly distribute the herbs, sauce, and spices.
- Form 4 patties, then grill until well done, about 8 minutes on each side. Add cheese after turning the burgers.
- Build the burgers by topping sandwich rolls with lettuce, tomatoes, burger patties, onions, and guacamole.