Grilled Spicy Chicken with Celery-Apple Salad
The creamy salad adds a cooling element to this spicy chicken.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. onion powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp. paprika
- 1⁄2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 celery stalks, sliced (including leaves)
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing
- Preheat a charcoal grill or preheat a gas grill to high.
- Mix seasoned salt, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, oregano, black pepper, paprika, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Dust each side of the chicken breasts with the seasoning.
- Cook each side of the chicken for about 5 to 6 minutes, reducing heat or repositioning the chicken on the grill if too much charring is occurring. Remove from grill and set aside 5 minutes.
- While chicken rests, combine the celery, onion, apple, and dressing in a large bowl. Serve the warm chicken breasts with the salad.