Grilled Squash with Mint Chermoula Dressing
One of my favorite vegetable side dishes is simply grilled, in-season vegetables with a fresh and herby sauce.
- 4 zucchini squash, sliced into ½" diagonals
- 4 yellow squash, sliced into ½" diagonals
- Sea salt, to taste
- 2/3 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili paste
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus more for grilling
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Brush the vegetables with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Carefully arrange the squash on the hot grill and cook until grill marks appear, about 2 minutes. Flip and continue cooking until the vegetables are charred on both sides and are cooked through, about another 2 minutes.
- To prepare the dressing, add the mint leaves, paprika, salt, lime juice, rice vinegar, garlic, cumin, chili paste and olive oil to a small blender. Blend until smooth. Arrange the vegetables on a plate and drizzle with the dressing.