Grilled Steak and Potato Party Salad
Guests can build their own steakhouse salads from a beautifully arranged assortment of ingredients.
Serves: 8Prep: 25 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish sauce
- 1 pound baby potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Private Selection™ Steakhouse Seasoning Grinder
- 1 1⁄2 pounds strip steaks
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 16 ounces salad greens, like baby arugula, spinach or mixed greens
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 medium English cucumber, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or crumbled blue cheese
- In a bowl combine ranch dressing and horseradish. Refrigerate until serving.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a large square of heavy-duty foil place potatoes, melted butter and 1 teaspoon of steakhouse seasoning. Bring together edges of foil and pinch to seal.
- Pat steaks dry, rub with oil and season generously with remaining steakhouse seasoning.
- Grill potato packet 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Keep sealed to keep warm until serving.
- Grill steaks 8-12 minutes or until internal temperatures reaches 145°F for medium, or desired doneness. Allow to rest 5 minutes; slice.
- On a large platter arrange salad greens, vegetables, cheese, potatoes and steak in a way that allows guests to pick and choose toppings. Serve with horseradish ranch dressing.
- Refrigerate leftovers.