Grilled Steak Burrito Bowls
These loaded bowls are filled with all your favorite burrito ingredients, such as tender marinated flank steak and tangy mango salsa. They’re great for dinner or ideal for meal prepping – just pack equal amounts steak, corn and salsa into containers and store the dressing separately.
Serves: 4Prep: 6 hours 30 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 6 hours 50 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1⁄2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 small jalapeños, seeded and minced, divided
- 3⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, divided
- 1 1⁄2 pounds flank steak
- 2 ears corn
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 large avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup lime ranch dressing
- In a small bowl, stir together ½ cup olive oil, ¼ cup lime juice, apple cider vinegar, sugar, ½ teaspoon salt, pepper, cumin, garlic, 1 jalapeño and ½ cup cilantro. In a large resealable bag, combine mixture and flank steak; marinate in refrigerator 6-12 hours.
- Allow steak to sit at room temperature while preheating grill to medium-high heat. Grill steak 4-7 minutes on each side, until internal temperature reaches at least 135° F. On a cutting board, cover steak in aluminum foil; let rest 5 minutes. Cut into thin slices across grain.
- Over direct heat, grill corn on each side until charred. Cut kernels off cob and place in bowl. Mix in butter; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine mango, avocado, red onion, tomatoes, lime zest, 1 jalapeño, ¼ cup lime juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, ¼ cup cilantro and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Serve steak with corn, salsa, cheese and dressing.