Grilled Strip Steak with Caramelized Onions
Good things come to those who wait – and that’s certainly true in this recipe with 3-hour-marinated steak.
Serves: 4Prep: 3 hours 10 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 3 hours 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 teaspoon Simple Truth Organic™ Ground Cumin
- 1 tablespoon Simple Truth Organic™ Oregano, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1⁄4 pounds Simple Truth Organic™ 100% Grass Fed Beef Strip Steak
- 2 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Salted Butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup gorgonzola cheese
- In a small bowl, combine garlic powder, cumin, oregano, salt, pepper and red pepper. Rub all over flank steak; cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or all day.
- Remove meat from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature while preparing onions.
- Preheat grill to medium-high or heat broiler. Grill steak (or broil) for 5 minutes per side or to desired doneness. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing against the grain into thin strips.
- To make onions: In a medium skillet, melt butter and olive oil over medium heat. Sauté onions until soft and dark brown, approximately 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in sugar and continue cooking for another few minutes or until rich and golden.
- To serve, top beef strips with onions and sprinkle with Gorgonzola.