Grilled Stuffed Portobello Burgers
A Mediterranean-inspired cheese filling makes this vegetarian option a crowd pleaser.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 5 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Private Selection™ Balsamic Glaze
- 4 large portabella mushroom caps, stems and gills removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- 2 cups baby arugula, loosely packed
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Combine mayonnaise and balsamic glaze in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use. Brush mushrooms with olive oil and season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a bowl mix together goat cheese, cream cheese and sun-dried tomato pesto. Divide mixture evenly between mushroom caps.
- Grill mushrooms 5-7 minutes until cheese mixture is hot and mushrooms are tender, rotating occasionally to avoid hot spots.
- Serve mushrooms on toasted buns with arugula and balsamic mayonnaise. Refrigerate leftovers.