Grilled Sweet Potato Skewers with Gorgonzola Dipping Sauce
A clever take on traditional fries, these grilled sweet potato pieces taste even better dipped in a creamy Gorgonzola sauce.
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup Kroger® Reduced Fat Sour Cream
- 1⁄4 cup Kroger® Plain Blended Yogurt
- 1 ounce Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1½” cubes
- To make sauce, in a bowl, combine sour cream, yogurt, Gorgonzola cheese, salt, onion powder and garlic; mix well.
- Coat grill grate with cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium heat.
- To make skewers, in a small bowl, stir together vinegar and oil until blended. Thread sweet potato cubes onto 4 skewers, leaving space between pieces. Brush potatoes with some of vinegar mixture. Grill, turning and brushing with vinegar mixture occasionally, 20-25 minutes until potatoes are fork tender. Serve with dipping sauce.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.