Grilled Sweet Potato and Spinach Salad
More than just a pretty face, the flavors and textures of this salad balance beautifully, making it a sure-fire favorite of those around your table.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tablespoons Kroger® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Kroger® Dijon Mustard
- 10 ounces sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage leaves, torn
- 2 tablespoons pepitas, roasted
- salt, to taste
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Coat a grill basket with cooking spray.
- To make dressing: in a bowl, whisk together oil, maple syrup, lemon juice and mustard.
- In a bowl, combine sweet potatoes and 1 tablespoon dressing; toss to coat. Transfer potatoes to prepared grill basket. Grill, tossing occasionally, 6 minutes. Add bell pepper; grill, tossing occasionally, 6 minutes longer until potatoes are fork-tender.
- In a serving bowl, toss together spinach, grilled potatoes and bell pepper, sage and pepitas. Add remaining dressing; toss to coat.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.