Grilled Swordfish with Salsa Fresca
This refreshing and vibrant fish dish is perfect on a warm summer’s evening.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups diced plum tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped serrano chilies
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 fish fillets (6 oz. each)
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Cilantro sprigs
- For the sauce, mix the tomato, garlic, onion, cilantro, chilies, olive oil, and lime juice in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for approximately 1 hour to allow the flavors to marry. Let it warm at room temperature.
- Rub the extra-virgin olive oil on the fish, and season with salt and black pepper.
- Cook the fish fillets on a grill over medium heat or in a broiler until they are tender, about 5 minutes for the grill and 7 minutes for the broiler. Be careful not to overcook.
- Place the fish on a dinner plate and scoop the tomato mixture on top of the fish.
- Garnish with sprigs of cilantro.