Grilled Taco Rolls
Try this fun savory twist on a cinnamon roll for dinner. Leftovers make a great lunch and can be eaten warm or cold.
Serves: 6Prep: 30 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet (1.25 oz.) taco seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 package (13.8 oz.) Kroger® Homestyle Ready to Bake Pizza Crust
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
- Desired taco toppings, like shredded lettuce, salsa, sour cream and black olives
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat; add ground beef. Cook, breaking apart, until browned and cooked through. Add taco seasoning and water; cooking 3-5 minutes; cool 10 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium heat (about 350°F); prepare for indirect grilling. Generously grease a 10” cast iron skillet; set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface press pizza dough into a 12”x10” rectangle. Sprinkle 1 1/2 cups of cheese and top with seasoned ground beef. Roll up dough, cinnamon roll style. Cut into 6 pieces.
- Place taco rolls in prepared pan.
- Place pan on the indirect heat side of the grill. Close the lid and cook for 20 minutes. Carefully rotate the pan 180° and continuing cooking for an additional 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and dough is set. Add ½ cup cheese at end of cooking time to melt.
- Serve topped with desired taco toppings.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- Tip: For indirect grilling, keep the heat source on 1 side of the grill and place the pan on the opposite side.