Grilled Tarragon Chicken Sandwich
The tarragon dressing can be kept in the refrigerator and used as a sandwich spread or an appetizer dip.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 35 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. dried tarragon leaves
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- ¾ cup low-fat mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp. ground white pepper
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 French baguette, cut into six pieces and split lengthwise
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Prepare and preheat grill. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the vinegar and tarragon, and bring to a boil. Cook until reduced by half and set aside.
- In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add shallots and sauté for 5 minutes, or until tender. Transfer to a small bowl and add the mayonnaise, vinegar reduction, and white pepper. Mix well and refrigerate.
- Pound the chicken breasts lightly with meat mallet or rolling pin. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken on the grill on medium fire and cook, turning once and basting each side with 1 tablespoon of the mayonnaise mixture, for about 7 minutes on each side, or until done. Just before the chicken is ready, place the buns, cut-sides down, on the grill rack to warm.
- Spread the insides of the French bread generously with the flavored mayonnaise. Place 1 chicken piece inside each bun. Top with lettuce, avocado and tomato and serve immediately.