Grilled Tuna with Asian Slaw
Sushi-grade tuna is worth the extra expense. Ahi and yellowtail are the best tuna available.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 ahi or yellowtail tuna steaks (6 oz. each)
- 2 cups very thinly sliced green cabbage
- 2 cups very thinly sliced Napa cabbage
- 6 scallions, trimmed and slivered lengthwise
- ½ large red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp. sunflower oil
- 1 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. minced pickled ginger
- 1 tsp. sugar
- Mix together the olive oil and garlic, and rub it into both sides of the tuna.
- In a large bowl, combine the green and Napa cabbage, scallions, bell pepper, salt, and pepper. Whisk together sesame oil, sunflower oil, vinegar, soy sauce, pickled ginger, and sugar. Pour over the vegetables; mix well to coat.
- Prepare a charcoal grill or preheat a gas grill to high heat.
- Cook the tuna steaks for about 1 to 3 minutes on each side. The inside should still be rare. Serve the tuna steaks with the ginger slaw.