Grilled Turkey Breast with Bacon
Serve hot with gravy or salsa. Leftover turkey breast can be transformed the next day into turkey salad, turkey sandwiches, or turkey à la king!
Serves: 10Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 2 hoursDifficulty: Easy
- 1 turkey breast (6 lbs.)
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves, crumbled
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary leaves, crumbled
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 6 slices bacon
- Split turkey breast lengthwise but leave sides connected.
- In a small bowl, mix together cloves, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Using a fork, mash the herbs and spices with softened butter.
- Place turkey in small aluminum roasting pan. Rub 3⁄4 of the mixture under the skin of the breast and rub the rest into both sides. Drape breast with strips of bacon and secure them with skewers.
- Heat a grill to medium heat. Place turkey on rack and close grill. Roast turkey for about 1 1⁄2 hours. Remove from grill and let turkey rest 15 minutes. Remove and discard bacon before slicing.