Grilled Turkey Legs
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 2 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄4 cup bottled chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. dried sage
- 1⁄2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 4 turkey legs, about 1 lb. each
- Canola oil, for oiling grill
- In a medium saucepan, warm the olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Add red wine, chili sauce, orange juice, ginger, sage, and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer, and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Lightly coat the turkey legs with the barbecue sauce. Place drip pan in bottom of grill and surround with hot coals. Place turkey legs over the drip pan on an oiled grate. Cook, turning and basting with the barbecue sauce every 30 minutes, until juices run clear and the internal temperature is 180°F. (1 1⁄2 to 2 hours).