Grilled Turkey Thighs with Thyme, Basil, and Butter
If you add mesquite chips to your fire, this will be even tastier. The mesquite smoke adds a lot of flavor to grilled steaks, burgers, and chicken.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme, or 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 Tbsp. fresh basil, or 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 2 to 2½ lbs. turkey thigh, bone in, skin on
- Fire up the grill. Whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, thyme, basil, cayenne pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder together in a small bowl.
- Brush both sides of the turkey with the sauce and grill over a medium fire, brushing with sauce every few minutes. Grill until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the turkey registers 155°F.
- Slice and serve.