Grilled Vegetable and Halloumi Panini
Halloumi is a Greek sheep’s milk cheese that is particularly good for grilling. In this sandwich the grilled cheese works very well with grilled vegetables.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 baby eggplants, thinly sliced
- 2 thick slices Haloumi cheese
- ¼ cup Italian dressing
- 1 medium red bell pepper, halved and seeded
- 2 tsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Ciabatta rolls
- Brush eggplant and Haloumi cheese with dressing and grill. Grill red pepper, skin side to flame, until it chars. Place red pepper, while still hot, in a plastic bag. Let cool, then rub skin off. Slice into strips. Sprinkle veggies with Parmesan cheese and set aside.
- Spread both sides of rolls with Italian dressing. Load with vegetables and grilled Haloumi. Serve immediately.