Grilled Vegetable and Lamb Shish Kebobs
This colorful dish is easy to change to your liking. Simply switch the meat to your favorite meat, and the veggies to your favorite as well.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 8 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- ⅓ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ¾ cup canola oil
- ⅛ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. dry mustard
- 1½ tsp. ground pepper
- ¼ cup wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2½ to 3 lbs. boneless leg of lamb, trimmed and cut into cut in 1" cubes
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in 2" pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut in 2" pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut in 2" pieces
- 1 lemon, cut in wedges
- Mix all ingredients together for the marinade. Place lamb in a shallow baking dish and pour marinade over. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat grill. Assemble lamb on skewers, alternating with vegetables. Brush with extra marinade.
- Place on the grill turning skewers several times for 10 minutes, or until cooked through. Move the skewers to a platter, cover and allow the meat to rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve the skewers with the lemon wedges.