Grilled Vegetable Sandwiches
Any combination of grilled or roasted vegetables can be used to create your sandwich. You can also try using different condiments and sauces to change the flavor of your grilled sandwich, such as pesto, or tapenade.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into ¼” slices
- 2 small zucchinis, cut into ¼” slices
- 4 slices Halloumi cheese
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 whole wheat buns
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- Preheat grill or stovetop grill pan.
- Brush the eggplant, zucchini, and cheese with olive oil. Grill vegetables and cheese until tender and browned.
- Spread mayonnaise on the bottom half of the bun. Then add the lettuce, grilled vegetables, and cheese. Top with the other half of the bun.