Grilled Watermelon Pizza
Watermelon heated on the grill takes on a whole new flavor and texture. The sweet and smoky flavor is enhanced by the salty feta cheese and bacon.
Serves: 8Cook: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutes
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 slices (¾") watermelon, each cut in half
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or oregano, chopped
- Cook bacon until crisp; drain and crumble. Set aside. Meanwhile, heat gas or charcoal grill to medium heat.
- Brush both sides of watermelon slices with oil. Grill 5 minutes on one side. Turn over; top with cheese and bacon. Grill 3 minutes longer or just until warmed. Cut each in half and sprinkle with fresh herbs.