Grilled Zucchini Nachos
These healthy nachos sub in summer zucchini for chips…a fresh and flavorful appetizer!
Serves: 2Prep: 10 minutesCook: 8 minutesTotal: 18 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large zucchini, sliced into ¼” thick rounds
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup tomato, chopped
- 1⁄2 avocado, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- In a large bowl, toss the zucchini and olive oil to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place zucchini on a grill pan, grill 4-5 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Sprinkle cheese over zucchini and cook until cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from grill and place on a plate. Top with black beans, tomato, avocado, green onion and cilantro.
- Serve warm and refrigerate leftovers.