Grilled Zucchini with Mint
This is a wonderful summer side to accompany grilled meats.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 medium zucchini, scrubbed and cut in half lengthwise
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped mint
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan over low heat. Add the garlic and cook until just fragrant. Remove from the heat.
- Prepare a charcoal grill or preheat a gas grill to high. Make sure the grill grate is clean and lightly oiled to prevent sticking.
- Brush the zucchini with the garlic oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the zucchini, skin side down, until it begins to soften, about 3 minutes. Turn, and cook the other side until tender; set aside.
- Cut each piece of zucchini in half at an angle into 2 or 3 pieces and place in a bowl. Drizzle the vinegar over the zucchini and add the chopped mint and the remaining garlic oil. Toss well and season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.