Ground Beef Tacos
You can use flour or corn tortillas in this recipe. Flour tortillas are soft and corn tortillas can be steamed lightly to soften them or fried to make them crunchy.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 small jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 16 small flour tortillas, warmed
- ½ cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Place a skillet over medium heat. Once it is warm add the oil, onion, and jalapeños. Sauté 5–7 minutes. Add the garlic and stir frequently for 2–3 minutes. Add the chili powder, oregano, cayenne powder, salt, and pepper and toss to combine.
- Reduce the heat to low. Crumble the ground beef over the skillet and stir to cook. Once the outside of the meat is brown, cover the skillet with a lid and cook for 10 minutes. Drain off the grease and discard.
- Serve with warmed tortillas and top with salsa, cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, and sour cream.