Grown Up Hot Cocoa
This recipe is thick and rich, like the cocoas you find in Italy. Add as much alcohol as you desire, then curl up by the fire to enjoy a chilly evening.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- ⅓ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 8 cups milk
- 8 oz. marshmallow-flavored vodka
- 1 bag (16 oz.) mini marshmallows
- Combine cocoa, cornstarch, sugars, and salt. Set aside.
- Heat milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat for 5 minutes or until just simmering. Whisk in cocoa mixture and simmer for 3 minutes until thickened.
- Add 1 ounce vodka to each of 8 large mugs. Pour in hot cocoa and top with marshmallows. Serve immediately.