Gruyère Potato Tart with Bitter Greens Salad
This tart is wonderfully creamy and cheesy. The curly endive and radicchio salad provide a fresh contrast.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 medium red potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches)
- 1 medium red onion, peeled thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded Gruyère cheese
- 1⁄2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped curly endive
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced radicchio
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1⁄4 tsp. kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat cream in a small saucepan over medium heat until just simmering, about 5 minutes.
- Place 1 layer of potatoes in the bottom of the pie shell. Top with a layer of onions and a layer of cheese. Repeat until all ingredients are used.
- Pour cream over the filling, season with pepper, and cover the tart with aluminum foil. Bake covered for 45 minutes. Remove foil, and bake for an additional 15 minutes until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, combine the endive, radicchio, oil, and salt.
- Top tart with greens mixture. Serve immediately