Gruyère-Swiss Cheese Strata with Spinach and Onions
The Gruyère makes this dish a special treat. The mild yet distinctive flavor makes it perfect for a dinner party dish.
Serves: 9Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 5 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 10 large eggs
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 packed cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup thinly sliced and diced red onion
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 5 cups cubed gluten-free bread
- 3 cups shredded Gruyère and Swiss cheese mix
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, dry mustard, spinach, red onion, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Spread the bread cubes in a greased 9" × 13" baking dish. Pour the egg mixture over the bread and cheese and cover for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- In the morning, preheat oven to 350°F. Sprinkle with the cheese and bake for at least 1 hour, until the strata is nice and fluffy and browned, and the egg is cooked in the middle.