Guacamole with a Kick
Try adding turmeric, cumin, and coriander for an Indian variation of this Mexican classic.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 medium tomato, peeled, seeded, and diced
- Place the avocado in a small bowl and mash with a fork to your preferred consistency. Add the black pepper, cayenne, lemon juice, and salt. Mix well.
- Add the tomato and stir to blend.
- If not served immediately, cover the guacamole with plastic wrap and refrigerate it to prevent the surface from darkening.