Guilt-Free Chocolate Cupcakes
These whole-grain cupcakes are low fat, low sodium, and vegan, too. Indulge in moist, dense, chocolate-laden pleasure with absolutely no guilt!
Serves: 16Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⅔ cups white whole-wheat flour
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. sodium-free baking soda
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 muffin tins with paper liners and set aside.
- Place the dry ingredients, except chocolate chips, into a mixing bowl and whisk together. Add the wet ingredients to the pan and mix until combined.
- Pour batter into the muffin cups, filing rough ⅔ full. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over the batter.
- Place pan on middle rack in oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool. Cool briefly before serving.