Haddock Fish Cakes
This version of a familiar fish cake has the fresh flavor of haddock. Serve this with a spicy sauce or a fresh spritz of lemon.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 lb. haddock
- 2 medium leeks, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tsp. Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. almond oil
- Finely shred the raw fish with a fork and place in a large bowl. Stir in leeks, bell pepper, egg whites, seasoning, salt, and black pepper.
- Form the mixture into small oval patties.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Place the cakes in the pan and loosely cover with the lid; sauté the cakes for 4 to 6 minutes on each side. Drain on a rack covered with paper towels; serve immediately.