Ham and Asparagus Casserole
This elegant rice casserole is delicious and easy to make.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 can (15 oz.) white asparagus (15 oz.), drained and cut into thirds
- 1 lb. chopped ham, cubed
- 1 jar (16 oz.) Alfredo sauce
- ½ tsp. dried tarragon
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1½ cups shredded Swiss cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In medium saucepan over high heat, combine rice and stock and bring to a boil. Stir, cover, and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for 18 minutes. Remove from heat, fluff with a fork, cover again, and let sit undisturbed for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a medium baking dish with butter. Cover bottom of dish with cooked rice.
- In a large bowl, combine asparagus, ham, Alfredo sauce, tarragon, salt, and pepper. Stir in milk. Scoop over the rice in the baking dish.
- In a small bowl, toss together the Swiss and Parmesan cheeses. Sprinkle over the top of the asparagus mixture and bake for 25–35 minutes until casserole is bubbling and top is lightly browned.